250F Is my motor fucked?

2004 Yamaha yz250f

Was cruising in 5th gear, out of nowhere the bike shut off and rear wheel locked up. Kick starter was/is completely locked up. Ended up having to walk it back home….
Any ideas on what went wrong?

SRAD97750

Staff member
Woof.
That doesn't sound good.
Disassembly and inspection will be the only way to know what happened. Could be easy, could be catastrophic.
I'd start on the clutch side and see what's binding the kicker and see if the clutch and engine spin freely.
Welcome, sorry it's under such circumstances.
If you're so inclined, you can post up photos and we can help as much as possible.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

03 YZ250F was the first modern 4 stroke I ever tore down. Super easy to work on. Yes it's fucked, no it doesn't have to stay that way. Look at it this way, it's already broken, you have only to gain by getting into it, Be meticulous, take lots of pics. fear not grasshopper

03 YZ250F was the first modern 4 stroke I ever tore down. Super easy to work on. Yes it's fucked, no it doesn't have to stay that way. Look at it this way, it's already broken, you have only to gain by getting into it, Be meticulous, take lots of pics. fear not grasshopper
Woof.
That doesn't sound good.
Disassembly and inspection will be the only way to know what happened. Could be easy, could be catastrophic.
I'd start on the clutch side and see what's binding the kicker and see if the clutch and engine spin freely.
Welcome, sorry it's under such circumstances.
If you're so inclined, you can post up photos and we can help as much as possible.
-BIG DAN:thumb:
I did just take it to a shop to get the carb cleaned, they also did a rebuild kit on it. Could they have done anything wrong to cause something like this?