Rm85 back on throttle bog.

It has a pwk28 carb, bills pipe, v force reeds, 42/130 jetting, power valve is functioning. If you start in first and go WOT throttle it’s great runs fine, powers good what not. But if you ar let’s say in 3rd and get into the power band and have to let out and coast and get back in(in the same gear) it does this bog. If you shift or pull the clutch in it comes back. https://youtube.com/shorts/eDrD9622dn8?si=unnVQkGrXKuYDZQS it normally does it much worse than in this video(of course I go take a video and it semi works) but it really just goes buhhhhhhhhh and like I said it will come back if you shift or pull the clutch in.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Have you changed the spark plug? It sounds kinda like you lose spark there for the moment.
Which can happen as your plug fouls.
Maybe?
Also that killswitch wire is bending 90* as it enters the protective sleeve. Maybe a wire issue there?
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Last edited:
Have you changed the spark plug? It sounds kinda like you lose spark there for the moment.
Maybe?
Also that killswitch wire is bending 90* as it enters the protective sleeve. Maybe a wire issue there?
Ok so new plug is in has maybe 8 mins on it, the wiring did have a massive hole in it but I coverd it with tape. I will take the tank off and look at the rest of the wiring to do that. Could it be stator? How would I test that also.

Maybe?
compression is only 120 could that be my issue

SRAD97750

Staff member
Ok so new plug is in has maybe 8 mins on it, the wiring did have a massive hole in it but I coverd it with tape. I will take the tank off and look at the rest of the wiring to do that. Could it be stator? How would I test that also.
I would swap the plug with a new one to verify it isnt the issue. I've heard of bad out of the box.
compression is only 120 could that be my issue
I think that would show up as hard starting first. Sounds like it's runnning good when it's got spark.

I would swap the plug with a new one to verify it isnt the issue. I've heard of bad out of the box.

I think that would show up as hard starting first. Sounds like it's runnning good when it's got spark.
i tore it down, the piston is good the cylinder has some chips and deep gouges. i have put 3 different plugs in it br9es.

Did the wiring have any breaks or shorts to other wires?
no not that i could see, i still taped them anyways, im almost leaning stator, i also may just get rid of this turd even if i fix it, because its for my buddy and it is just always something i tell you what, we go on 3-4 day trips and it just doesnt cut it tbh least reliable bike i have ever owned personally. it has 40/130 jetting, ive tried br9es,br8es,br10es, ive tried the needle in every pos(it has like a multi step needle not a just straight one if that makes sense) ive tried from 38-50 pilot 128-140 main, all the wires and what i would assume is ground is fine on the wiring side of things, he just road it probably 60 miles this weekend and it runs great WOT it even stopped doing it if you are like really singing in the rpms when you get back into it, i reckon the plug is still rich(oil out the exhaust) im just concerned like how lean can a guy really go lol i just dont know about this thing no machine has ever troubled me this much lol, and i ride old triples LOL

Have you considered the possibility of an air leak? Sometimes small leaks can cause weird issues like this. Might be worth doing a pressure test on the crankcase if you haven't already.