Pro Chad Reed Update

ya know, when it comes to Reed, I think you're right, things that would force other guys into retirement he beats and comes back from even faster than he was before.......

He's a beast of an athlete, I hope he comes back, he brings something special to the sport thats for sure.

He was doing pretty good this year too :pout: he better come back.

ya know, when it comes to Reed, I think you're right, things that would force other guys into retirement he beats and comes back from even faster than he was before.......

He's a beast of an athlete, I hope he comes back, he brings something special to the sport thats for sure.

He does bring something special.... Over the last 5 yrs we've seen him grow from moto brat to a true champion... I think his time under Roger DeCoster's wing really showed the true champion and compassionate person he is capable of being. I love watching CR ride, he always brings his A game and always pushes it to the limit.
See you on the gate soon CR!

Ha! :thumb: No, I was saying if he "had" been wearing one, perhaps it may have helped prevent the injury he sustained. I googled just because I was curious, it talked about the brace helping at the T6 level. Maybe I read wrong??

James

Staff member
Ha! :thumb: No, I was saying if he "had" been wearing one, perhaps it may have helped prevent the injury he sustained. I googled just because I was curious, it talked about the brace helping at the T6 level. Maybe I read wrong?? Correct me if I did.
:thumb: For the record I'm in the pro neck brace camp.

It could very well protect to that area, however that would probably be right on the edge. :noidea:

James

Staff member
Press release:

For immediate release: 20 February 2012.

Carlsbad, California – In a devastating blow for TwoTwo Motorsports Chad Reed, injuries sustained at last weekend’s Dallas round of the AMA Supercross, have forced him to retire from the remainder of the 2012 Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship.

Reed suffered a horrific crash while challenging for the race lead on Lap 7 and was unable to finish the race.

Initial scans have revealed the Australian has torn his anterior cruciate ligament, broken his tibia and fibula, sustained two broken ribs and has a broken T6 vertebrae.

At this point in time doctors are waiting for the swelling on his knee to subside before they conduct surgery.

“To say I am hurting right now would be a major understatement,” Reed said. “I am just trying to figure out what hurts more, the injuries or the fact that I am going to be out for a while with knee surgery.

“This is bitterly disappointing, I felt like I had everything in my corner this time. I’ve never felt more comfortable, from the bike and team to my riding.

“I was genuinely in a position to fight for race wins week in week out and expected to be going to Las Vegas for a shot at the title.

“To my sponsors and fans thank-you for your messages of support, they mean a lot. This is a difficult time,” Reed added.

The TwoTwo Motorsports team and sponsors will regroup over the next week and formulate a plan to move forward.

Reed is aiming to return for the outdoor season but that goal will be re-evaluated by doctors post surgery.
Ends.

Chad Reed and TwoTwo Motorsports are proudly supported by Bel-Ray, Honda Motorcycles, Shift, Etnies, Skullcandy, Fox, Pro Circuit, Factory Effex, Specialized, Showa, Dunlop, Renthal, America's Tire.com, Discount Tire.com, DT1 Airfilters, D.I.D, Hinson Clutches, VP Race Fuels, Matrix, JStar Motors, Dubya and Mechanixwear.

:thumb: For the record I'm in the pro neck brace camp.

It could very well protect to that area, however that would probably be right on the edge. :noidea:

I have no idea either. :thumb: Maybe the brace helps with some of the compression load past a certain area? And, who knows if he already had some degeneration going on before it happened. I also am a fan of neck support, not everyone is. I'll never forgot a kid who was riding with us, he hit a rock in a wash and flew over the bars. I remember watching his neck snap back violently when he hit (wasn't wearing a brace). Whether it had snapped forward or back, he was lucky. Just sore from soft tissue injury, basically whiplash. He didn't ride the next day.

Nerve-System-1.jpg

Found this thought it was worth mention. The 211 Brace (currently under development) stands for the day James Marshall sustained spinal injuries at the 2006 San Diego SX. As of late this year, the brace is still being tested, but sounds like it will bring newer/evolved technology to those who wear braces. Under the comments, one poster mentioned CR who had stopped wearing his brace last year. Another poster talks about a compression load fracture of his T6, however because he was wearing a brace, could be why he did not receive more serious injuries. Seems as our bikes evolve in technology, making them faster than ever, protective gear needs to be as well. The vid is interesting, I'm looking forward to hearing more about the development of the Nexis brace.

http://www.vitalmx.com/features/First-Look-Nexis-211-DX-Neck-Brace,3195

James

Staff member
Seems as our bikes evolve in technology, making them faster than ever, protective gear needs to be as well.
Exactly, and faster means bigger jumps. Heck you see KDub's transfer at Dallas? :shocked: 118 ft!

I wear the Leatt Club and the other day I noticed that they've released the Club III (3). So they're obviously updating their neck braces. :thumb:

If I remember right Leatt had stated that since they've been granted their patent, they'll be releasing their test data.