Rm 125 2000 feels like clutch is slipping in band

Hi I’ve bought a 2000 RM125 and it feels like the clutch or gear is slipping at high rpm or Band there’s doesn’t seem to be any issues in the low end of the gears only at high rpm

I’ve had the clutch side casing off and had a look at the plates and they look ok but I’ve ordered new plates and springs anyway just waiting for them in the post

just wondering if there could be any other things it could be as the gears run smooth in low rpm but feels like it doesn’t move in band no juddering just like the power disappears

SRAD97750

Staff member
That's sounds about right.
The revs continue, but it feels like you're spinning the rear or just no more forward progress.
The new plates should be just what you need. Check the basket for severe notching.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

That's sounds about right.
The revs continue, but it feels like you're spinning the rear or just no more forward progress.
The new plates should be just what you need. Check the basket for severe notching.
Thanks Dan ! You’ve described it perfectly feels like it’s spinning the rear ! Thanks again It’s put me at ease a bit more having a second opinion plates are on the way I’ll keep you updated

SRAD97750

Staff member
I live in the deep sand and ride a 500 2T, so it was really hard for me to discern when the clutch had actually gone. Until I raced someone else.
Thought it was just spinning when really giving it. Clutch spec'd out as new.
Now I've got rooster tails and slow speed stalling with the new clutch again.

Make sure to take pics for reference, take more than you think you need and keep them in order. Don't forget to soak new plates in fluid before installing!