Stark has amazing torque. Takes a couple of minutes for the smile to go away.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Really lush riding area! Any snakes or insects to fear?

I think the stark varg has made the point...
We need to work on
-quick change batteries
-customer programmable throttle maps
-capacity (ridetime) isn't quite there. 20ish minutes of mx riding in middle mode, currently.

Dirtbikes fit in the narrow window of 'Maximum overall weight to Power ratios' where electric can really be a winner.
The capacity (ridetime) of these bikes is lacking because it's a borderline endeavour, where battery/storage tech is what's behind.

For me performance is always going to win over any 'feelings' I have about motorcycling.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Really lush riding area! Any snakes or insects to fear?

I think the stark varg has made the point...
We need to work on
-quick change batteries
-customer programmable throttle maps
-capacity (ridetime) isn't quite there. 20ish minutes of mx riding in middle mode, currently.

Dirtbikes fit in the narrow window of 'Maximum overall weight to Power ratios' where electric can really be a winner.
The capacity (ridetime) of these bikes is lacking because it's a borderline endeavour, where battery/storage tech is what's behind.

For me performance is always going to win over any 'feelings' I have about motorcycling.
-BIG DAN:thumb:
Never seen a snake there, but Estonia has only 1 venomous snake :D . We rode for about 2.5h.
Agreed, capacity is not there yet. Stark is suitable as a second bike (if you have 14k euros laying around) for superenduro or mx type riding.
But it is soo awesome to ride the Stark :D

I have no love for the electric car, but bikes are different in that, what most often gets riding areas shut down is noise. I would own an electric bike for sure once(if) they figure out the run time. You can't borrow some battery from a guy in an Arkansas cabin. Been there, and always stuff a $10 in the camelback when going out exploring the mountains! I get pissed off when my leafblower dies and I have to walk around to the garage to reload another lump, I would curse the heavens if it happened to my motorcycle.
Pro; No skin melting head pipe, sneaky noiseless fun, instant torque, no broken shiftlevers or aching clutch fingers , no stalls
Con; battery battery, battery, battery, battery...

I'm wondering what kind of screwball rules the AMA is going to come up with to classify these machines. No fuel rules, no sound rules, weight? Cheater maps? They must be not allowed or somebody would have tried to campaign one already.

I have no love for the electric car, but bikes are different in that, what most often gets riding areas shut down is noise. I would own an electric bike for sure once(if) they figure out the run time. You can't borrow some battery from a guy in an Arkansas cabin. Been there, and always stuff a $10 in the camelback when going out exploring the mountains! I get pissed off when my leafblower dies and I have to walk around to the garage to reload another lump, I would curse the heavens if it happened to my motorcycle.
Pro; No skin melting head pipe, sneaky noiseless fun, instant torque, no broken shiftlevers or aching clutch fingers , no stalls
Con; battery battery, battery, battery, battery...

I'm wondering what kind of screwball rules the AMA is going to come up with to classify these machines. No fuel rules, no sound rules, weight? Cheater maps? They must be not allowed or somebody would have tried to campaign one already.
Everything you said is true for most i guess. Only con is battery, but what is the capacity for riding without fear of getting stranded?
3x the capacity it has now should be enough, long way to go for battery development.