The Guns Thread

got this for my b-day yesterday :banana: marlin XL7 in .270

184126_2068114514424_1591656689_1995176_3121685_n.jpg

and just ordered a 6-24 x 50 scope bushnell

So do any of you gun toten sons-a-biatches ever watch Auction Hunters? 2 guys that go to storage facilites and bid on the contents of abandoned storage units. Some of the GUNS they find are pretty cool...

A whaling gun........a short 2" barrel that shot an explosive "dart"
A Colt "Peacemaker" like the one Earp used...this one was US issue (Army) made it more expensive
Lever action shotgun (I think)
1 of the first made pump shotguns
A Pepper Box....kind of like a derringer only a longer barrel (multiple barrels actually...5 or 6)
Double barrel muskett......could have been a side by side but this was prior to shotguns...this one shot slugs like a muskett would.

YA ought to check it out...

So do any of you gun toten sons-a-biatches ever watch Auction Hunters? 2 guys that go to storage facilites and bid on the contents of abandoned storage units. Some of the GUNS they find are pretty cool...

A Colt "Peacemaker" like the one Earp used...this one was US issue (Army) made it more expensive
A Pepper Box....kind of like a derringer only a longer barrel (multiple barrels actually...5 or 6)
Double barrel muskett......could have been a side by side but this was prior to shotguns...this one shot slugs like a muskett would.

Yeah Rez, I check that show out quite a bit. My boy DVR's it all the time. Its one of his favorite shows. Along with other shows like American Pickers, Pawn Stars is others he likes.

Just a word about pistols like "The Judge" and anything that fires both a 45 Long Colt and a 410 ga shotgun shells in a small package....

They are junk!

The "special" shotshells they sell that sling slugs and shot at $2.00 each ($14.99 for 10 shells) are total garbage and hazardous. They should be banned. I tested them in a "Judge" and an American Arms Derringer. The shells are terrible! Not only do they fail to go thru 3/4" plywood at 10 yards, the "shot" in them SPRAYED crazily and unpredictably everywhere! You could dig the "shot" out of the plywood with your fingernail! I had crossman BB guns that did more damage!

If you had a CWP and a hoodlum was robbing your 7-11, and you drew up and shot, you would wound and piss off the gunman, and you would put the eyes out of the clerk and any nearby customers!

The only shotshell that worked well in both guns AT LESS THAN 20 FEET was the 3 ball shotshell. Even then, you are risking collateral damage as the spread was up to 3 feet.

The 45 Long Colt was good for a 10" group at the same distance. Totally unreliable as a sidearm.

In my opinion, they are good for only protecting yourself in a scuffle where you have to defend your life. In all other instances, they are dangerous to everyone else around you. :prof:

Yeah Rez, I check that show out quite a bit. My boy DVR's it all the time. Its one of his favorite shows. Along with other shows like American Pickers, Pawn Stars is others he likes.

I'm watchin pickers now, I love pawn stars too. Sounds like a show I shoulc check out. American restoration is awesome also :thumb:

Sounds awesome! What time does it come on?
I like American Pickers and Pawn Stars. I got burnt out on Pawn Stars, and I also think Rick is a jackass sometimes.

:lol: Why does your .22 have a bigger scope then the .270? :facepalm:

Because squirrels and coons are much smaller than a deer. :thumb: :smirk:

We had a gun shootin' orgy last night. I had 2 friends come over and they brang a 9mm CZ-83 and a Mossberg Tactical 500 (great guns). Then I brang out the Remington 700 and the AK47. We shot for a good hour, then ended it off with a propane tank explosion.

Shot with a 9mm CZ-83 and we used 2 sparklers as the ignition source. We need a bigger tank next time!

Neighbor told us today that it "sounded like :f:ing Vietnam over here". That's when we know we did a job well done. :thumb:

We had a gun shootin' orgy last night. I had 2 friends come over and they brang a 9mm CZ-83 and a Mossberg Tactical 500 (great guns). Then I brang out the Remington 700 and the AK47. We shot for a good hour, then ended it off with a propane tank explosion.

Shot with a 9mm CZ-83 and we used 2 sparklers as the ignition source. We need a bigger tank next time!

Neighbor told us today that it "sounded like :f:ing Vietnam over here". That's when we know we did a job well done. :thumb:

Don't piss your neighbors off! :rant:

That's a great way to ruin your own fun! :naughty:

Don't piss your neighbors off! :rant:

That's a great way to ruin your own fun! :naughty:

He wasn't mad. He's a new neighbor, and we went over and talked to him before we started shooting. He's got guns too, so he dont care. And he was joking around with us when we said it. I do wanna move though! 4 acres sure as hell aint enough.

1st of all...the word is brought...not brang.....WTF, you growed up in da hills or sumpin...:smirk:
2ndly...sounding like Vietnam...I've heard that at my house without the gun fire...2 dolla GI...you owe me 2 dolla...2 dolla I make you holla...I MAKE YOU HOLLA GI you hear me????? :blah::blah::blah:....:devil:

1st of all...the word is brought...not brang.....WTF, you growed up in da hills or sumpin...:smirk:
2ndly...sounding like Vietnam...I've heard that at my house without the gun fire...2 dolla GI...you owe me 2 dolla...2 dolla I make you holla...I MAKE YOU HOLLA GI you hear me????? :blah::blah::blah:....:devil:

1. :cry: I'm an Appalachian American...give me a break!
2. :lol::lol: Starts to sound like the Full Metal Jacket scene, huh?