The Guns Thread

Thinking about getting a handgun. What's pretty cheap and reliable? Revolver? Semi-auto?
The only way to know is to try several and see what you like. Gun preference is extremely subjective. Kind of like dirt bike tires. What one guy likes another may hate.

There is one range near me that charges a single daily rental fee. You can try as many of the rental handguns as you want for no extra fee. The only limitation is you must buy the range's ammo. Best way to try a lot of guns for little cash.

SRAD97750

Staff member
There is one range near me that charges a single daily rental fee. You can try as many of the rental handguns as you want for no extra fee. The only limitation is you must buy the range's ammo. Best way to try a lot of guns for little cash.
Sounds like a great idea. I'll look around for a local range and try my hand at chooting.

Oh hey...look what I got in the mail. :) Along with a bunch of free swag (hat, dvd's, stickers, poster set, etc)

Bravo Company :thumb: Fast shipping, great quality, free swag, great company, and another satisfied customer.

IMG_20120831_165208.jpg

Ever heard of the Iraqi Reload? Here is your's truly demonstrating an Iraqi Reload on my old AK-47 (WASR-10) which is currently my step brother's gun.

It is by no means better than the regular reload...quicker- yes, but not at any advantage. The only point of retention is on the bolt, therefore little control of the weapon and you never want to have your finger NOT near the trigger in a combat situation. It's just a little trick that's so fun to do. :ride:

James

Staff member
Ever heard of the Iraqi Reload? Here is your's truly demonstrating an Iraqi Reload on my old AK-47 (WASR-10) which is currently my step brother's gun.

It is by no means better than the regular reload...quicker- yes, but not at any advantage. The only point of retention is on the bolt, therefore little control of the weapon and you never want to have your finger NOT near the trigger in a combat situation. It's just a little trick that's so fun to do. :ride:
Quick reloads are over-rated and in my opinion it's all thanks to the video games. :bonk:

So when are you signing up? :salute: