The Guns Thread

SRAD97750

Staff member
National Guard units
seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were
ambushed by elements of a Para-military extremist faction. Military and
law enforcement sources estimate that 72 were killed and more than 200
injured before government forces were compelled to withdraw.

Speaking after the clash, Massachusetts
Governor Thomas Gage declared that the extremist faction, which was made
up of local citizens, has links to the radical right-wing tax protest movement.
Gage blamed the extremists for recent
incidents of vandalism directed against internal revenue offices. The
governor, who described the group’s organizers as “criminals,” issued an
executive order authorizing the summary arrest of any individual who
has interfered with the government’s efforts to secure law and order.
The military raid on the extremist
arsenal followed wide-spread refusal by the local citizenry to turn over
recently outlawed assault weapons.
Gage issued a ban on military-style
assault weapons and ammunition earlier in the week. This decision
followed a meeting in early this month between government and military
leaders at which the governor authorized the forcible confiscation of
illegal arms.
One government official, speaking on
condition of anonymity, pointed out that “none of these people would
have been killed had the extremists obeyed the law and turned over their
weapons voluntarily.”
Government troops initially succeeded in
confiscating a large supply of outlawed weapons and ammunition.
However, troops attempting to seize arms and ammunition in Lexington met
with resistance from heavily-armed extremists who had been tipped off
regarding the government’s plans.
During a tense standoff in the Lexington
town park, National Guard Colonel Francis Smith, commander of the
government operation, ordered the armed group to surrender and return to
their homes. The impasse was broken by a single shot, which was
reportedly fired by one of the right-wing extremists.
Eight civilians were killed in the ensuing exchange.

Ironically, the local citizenry blamed
government forces rather than the extremists for the civilian deaths.
Before order could be restored, armed citizens from surrounding areas
had descended upon the guard units. Colonel Smith, finding his forces
over matched by the armed mob, ordered a retreat.
Governor Gage has called upon citizens
to support the state/national joint task force in its effort to restore
law and order. The governor also demanded the surrender of those
responsible for planning and leading the attack against the government
troops.
Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and John
Hancock, who have been identified as “ringleaders” of the extremist
faction, remain at large.
And this fellow Americans, is how the American Revolution began, April 20, 1775.

Sorry I meant to say don't carry guns.. they brought in an armed response unit a couple of years ago to deal with the drug gangs.. but or guards/cops dont carry.. and I know I might make a lot of enemies here by saying I don't agree with this thing that every household should have a gun..

The government is taking steps and big steps to take them. I want to know when are we going to find a way to stand together as Americans and stop that from happening?

If they push hard enough, the people will push back.:rifle: I think that the only thing that taking honest people's guns away would do is make life easier for the criminals. Because they aren't going to give up their guns. It isn't that hard to buy guns on the street, without the background checks.

That being said, I don't plan on ever having to defend myself or family with a gun(I'm more likely to pick up a BIG STICK and beat someone with it) but at least I know I have that option if it comes to it.

opinions are like an arse hole everyone has one! I just think amiricain gun laws are crazy..nothing wrong with the gun club member owning a gun under certain circumstances when he has been veted by the correct attorities..

it is strange id be all for the police to carry..but in fairness the ARU are a serious outfit..the cops like everywhere else are corrupted..big new at the moment here about cop brushing traffic violations under the carpet.. and its cops that blew the whistle lol

I have to ask this question. Only because I do not know what to do. If this happens to me and my family. I do have rifles in my house. some belong to me and some my belong to my son. I do believe in the right to protect myself and family. So with the crime rate getting worst. I do not want to lose my means of protecting myself and family.
So here's the question. What do I do if the law shows up at my front door demanding my fire arms? :noidea:

I have to ask this question. Only because I do not know what to do. If this happens to me and my family. I do have rifles in my house. some belong to me and some my belong to my son. I do believe in the right to protect myself and family. So with the crime rate getting worst. I do not want to lose my means of protecting myself and family.
So here's the question. What do I do if the law shows up at my front door demanding my fire arms? :noidea:

You might want to start out by asking them why they are there to take your fire arms? Maybe they should take them. Did you just shoot the shitoutta your 500cc 2-stroke? Never mind then, you can keep them:lol::poke:

So with the crime rate getting worst.

I can see how you might think that by watching the major media news, but the fact is quite different. We are likely at or near an all time low for crime rates.

If it comes down to it I don't think that I'll be challenging the SWAT teams should they come for my guns. Live to fight another day and all.