The Guns Thread

Ten cents a shot for rim fire

Kinda pricey for the cheap stuff I bought. But you can't buy it anywhere. I picked this up at Herb Bauers today 4 box max allotment per customer. That's one more than Walmart allows. But Walmart never has any in stock.

still seems so high to me. we still had 10-12 dollar bricks (that shrunk to 400 a few years ago) up until the shooting in connecticut. funny how our lt governor did his grade school at that same sandy hook school. he is about the last person you would find trying to take guns out of a citizen's hands or limit what they can own based on looks.

As long as they don't jam every other shot :thumb:

Plonked about 150 rounds through the pistol :thumb:

The dang rifle a Marlin 39 jammed while it was empty before I ever loaded a round into it. Gonna have to take her apart and see what's going on.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396835414.520134.jpg

How much did you pay to get your rifle to hit targets out to 1000yrds? This whole set up was less than $500.00 most likely. You can see that the projectile still carries a lot of energy out to one mile. This shooter did not hit the target. But, You would know why if you ever looked through a PU scope. The target is very small. Don't believe me, go find the weakest scope you own and look through it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7cM1IAU7Hg&feature=player_detailpage

You can do that with about any 7 to 8 mm rifle. The biggest thing is condition of the bore, and enough ammo and practice. A really big improvement and it's cheap is to make a forestock from a 4x4.

After having the Glock G34 a week or so, I am thinking of doing a trigger upgrade. Funny how when you talk about trigger work with Glock owners they seem to think anything over 100 dollars is a lot, and usually by a whole lot. I think i will try the so called 25 cent fix just to see what it does. On a single shot off of a rest basis it wont match my 1911's. On getting it to ring four steel targets several times in a row, it is a better bet though. It is longer, and has a lighter recoil, and a quicker slide. Shooting a poodle killing round has lots to do with it too. 600 for it, and my 1911's that came for 1000 plus, plus 600 in mods, makes it look economical. great little weapon, so I am at least going to have to get one in carry size.