The Guns Thread

James

Staff member
:lol: Why not??
Since I don't hunt the only other reason would be for self defense and I think a rifle would be kind of hard to get out from under the rear seat in a "oh :bleep:" moment. :noidea: However sidearms are a different story. :P

Since I don't hunt the only other reason would be for self defense and I think a rifle would be kind of hard to get out from under the rear seat in a "oh :bleep:" moment. :noidea: However sidearms are a different story. :P

But! For people under 21 or without a CCW, they can have a rifle in there. Better than nothing! :devil:
Besides, nothing is more badass than pulling out 7 different rifles/shotguns out from behind the seat. :smirk:

But! For people under 21 or without a CCW, they can have a rifle in there. Better than nothing! :devil:
Besides, nothing is more badass than pulling out 7 different rifles/shotguns out from behind the seat. :smirk:

haha yeah i could imagine a guy trying rob another guy and the guy being robbed trying to wrestle a 12ga out from under his seat, but what about a sawwed-off shot gun:thinking:

Rifle in the vehicle. I have a bit of a story that just did not quite happen.

February 28th 1997 was a Friday and I was heading out that weekend to the desert. In the morning I was partially packed up and I remembered that I had to drop something off at my sisters home in North Hollywood. I had a few rifles in the vehicle including my 7mm Rem Mag including about 50 rounds of handloads. These were loaded with steel core bullets taken from some old 7mm Mauser ammo. I left my sisters home a few minutes after 9am and got one Laurel cyn headed north. I probably passed the intersection of Archwood street at about 9:10 or so.

Now for the history lesson. What happened at the intersection of Laurel Cyn and Archwood St that started at 9:17 am that day?

I got back home and happened to turn on the TV a little before 10. I was like holy crap. That rifle and ammo could have been a useful tool at about 9:40 that day.

Ohio does not have rifle hunting. Just shotgun and muzzleloader.

I have a cheap assed CVA Optima .45 cal in-line with the 209 ignition. I have $400 into it with the Cabelas Pine Ridge 2-7 power scope I bought (or got for free with my Cabela's bucks!) and this thing is accurate as hell shooting bulls at 100 yards!

I won a "Wolf" CVA .50 cal at a NRA banquet, and just gave it to a buddy of mine. He put a Simmons 3x9 on it and paid $80 for the scope and mounts. What do I need a 3rd muzzie for? :smirk: I'm generous like that! Shit! I won a Bennelli Nova 12 ga 3 1/2" camo Turkey gun and gave it to my other friend! I have ton's of 12 ga guns already! I won a .380 auto and gave it to my buddy's wife who has a concealed carry permit! I'm lucky!

So, we have 2 relatively cheap assed muzzleloader guns, and we are sighting in before gun season, with guys that have Encores and guns costing $600 to $900 bucks equiped with Leopold's and Zeiss scopes!

Our cheap assed CVA's kicked ASS! These guy's with the big dollar pipes couldn't shoot better than us! Actually, the weiner was the cheapest assed gun.....the Wolf that I gave away...he took 3 shots at 100 yards and you could put a quarter dollar around them! The high dollar riffles sucked balls!

Here's what happens in the field! My cheap assed CVA Optima assassinates dear with a precisely placed bullet between the eyes head shot and drops them like a bag of hammers in their tracks! No flinching, no movement! It's like you pulled the CPU out of their brain! Which makes sense since most of their head, seriously, MAJOR portions of it, are gone, instantly!

I hunt and get off the beaten path and go deep into the woods! More so that others! So I get more opportunity that others that are lazy.

That's my style of hunting! I scope it out months before I get in the field, then I spot and stalk! That is the essence of "hunting". Fair chase! Good planning! The planning is half the game! It kicks ass when you have about 3" of snow on the ground! It took me an hour to crawl through brush and snow covered high grass on hands and knees to get to the point where I was glassing freezer meat! That took some work! Seriously! The funny thing was that I sat there for an hour, and the coffee had me needing to take a piss! I slowly stood up, had my dick in my hand, and saw a herd of deer in front of me! The wind was in my favor, they all watched me take a leak, and I slowly knelt down, put my dick back in my pants, grabbed my muzzie, dropped to a knee, and picked the biggest freezer knapper I could find, and squeezed the trigger for a precise head shot in the left eye with a .45 cal, which is fairly brutal on the head! Wham! Done deal! No tracking that deer!:banana:

Muzzies are just a pipe! Stupid people pay more for big name pipes! Pfffft! I really enjoyed my one shot "head shot", a "meat saver" instant kills at 80 and 120 yards.

My freezer and my belly will appreciate it throughout the year!

We still have Muzzie season to go in JAN! I'll take 2 more for freezer naps! That's the plan!:thumb:

My hunts and kills were really all cool as fuck! Gotta say! They were gratifying!

Not like the Amish MFers that just drive and stand at the end of a draw and sling lead!

I'm having a good year and love all my hunts! Even if I don't shoot, be it compound bow or muzzie, I want a good kill! I pass on more than I ever shoot! I want a GOOD KILL!

February 28th 1997 was a Friday and I was heading out that weekend to the desert. In the morning I was partially packed up and I remembered that I had to drop something off at my sisters home in North Hollywood. I had a few rifles in the vehicle including my 7mm Rem Mag including about 50 rounds of handloads. These were loaded with steel core bullets taken from some old 7mm Mauser ammo. I left my sisters home a few minutes after 9am and got one Laurel cyn headed north. I probably passed the intersection of Archwood street at about 9:10 or so.

Now for the history lesson. What happened at the intersection of Laurel Cyn and Archwood St that started at 9:17 am that day?

I got back home and happened to turn on the TV a little before 10. I was like holy crap. That rifle and ammo could have been a useful tool at about 9:40 that day.

so what happened there:noidea: im from WV idk crap that happens in calif

I had to look that up. That's crazy! Only 7 minutes early.

Ohio does not have rifle hunting. Just shotgun and muzzleloader.

I have a cheap assed CVA Optima .45 cal in-line with the 209 ignition. I have $400 into it with the Cabelas Pine Ridge 2-7 power scope I bought (or got for free with my Cabela's bucks!) and this thing is accurate as hell shooting bulls at 100 yards!

I won a "Wolf" CVA .50 cal at a NRA banquet, and just gave it to a buddy of mine. He put a Simmons 3x9 on it and paid $80 for the scope and mounts. What do I need a 3rd muzzie for? :smirk: I'm generous like that! Shit! I won a Bennelli Nova 12 ga 3 1/2" camo Turkey gun and gave it to my other friend! I have ton's of 12 ga guns already! I won a .380 auto and gave it to my buddy's wife who has a concealed carry permit! I'm lucky!

So, we have 2 relatively cheap assed muzzleloader guns, and we are sighting in before gun season, with guys that have Encores and guns costing $600 to $900 bucks equiped with Leopold's and Zeiss scopes!

Our cheap assed CVA's kicked ASS! These guy's with the big dollar pipes couldn't shoot better than us! Actually, the weiner was the cheapest assed gun.....the Wolf that I gave away...he took 3 shots at 100 yards and you could put a quarter dollar around them! The high dollar riffles sucked balls!

Here's what happens in the field! My cheap assed CVA Optima assassinates dear with a precisely placed bullet between the eyes head shot and drops them like a bag of hammers in their tracks! No flinching, no movement! It's like you pulled the CPU out of their brain! Which makes sense since most of their head, seriously, MAJOR portions of it, are gone, instantly!

I hunt and get off the beaten path and go deep into the woods! More so that others! So I get more opportunity that others that are lazy.

That's my style of hunting! I scope it out months before I get in the field, then I spot and stalk! That is the essence of "hunting". Fair chase! Good planning! The planning is half the game! It kicks ass when you have about 3" of snow on the ground! It took me an hour to crawl through brush and snow covered high grass on hands and knees to get to the point where I was glassing freezer meat! That took some work! Seriously! The funny thing was that I sat there for an hour, and the coffee had me needing to take a piss! I slowly stood up, had my dick in my hand, and saw a herd of deer in front of me! The wind was in my favor, they all watched me take a leak, and I slowly knelt down, put my dick back in my pants, grabbed my muzzie, dropped to a knee, and picked the biggest freezer knapper I could find, and squeezed the trigger for a precise head shot in the left eye with a .45 cal, which is fairly brutal on the head! Wham! Done deal! No tracking that deer!:banana:

Muzzies are just a pipe! Stupid people pay more for big name pipes! Pfffft! I really enjoyed my one shot "head shot", a "meat saver" instant kills at 80 and 120 yards.

My freezer and my belly will appreciate it throughout the year!

We still have Muzzie season to go in JAN! I'll take 2 more for freezer naps! That's the plan!:thumb:

My hunts and kills were really all cool as fuck! Gotta say! They were gratifying!

Not like the Amish MFers that just drive and stand at the end of a draw and sling lead!

I'm having a good year and love all my hunts! Even if I don't shoot, be it compound bow or muzzie, I want a good kill! I pass on more than I ever shoot! I want a GOOD KILL!

That sucks that Ohio dont have a rifle season. I'd move out of there!

Great hunt, by the way. :lol: :thumb:

James

Staff member

The North Hollywood bank robbery and shootout I'm sure you've seen video of on T.V. Probably before your time since it was over 13 years ago.
:thumb: That was the first thing that came to my mind. That single "incident" changed law enforcement departments across the country, as most of them now issue rifles because of it.

Do any of you guys handload your ammunition? I'm thinking about starting it and here is some math I did about the costs of it.

Bullet = $0.20/r (20/100) - (100 grain)
Powder = $0.01/r (0.08oz/20) - (35cc)
Primer = $0.04/r (35/1000) - (9-1/2 Large Rifle)

Rounds factory = $1/round
Rounds reloaded = $0.25/round

20 rounds factory= $20
20 rounds reloaded = $5

Does that sound about right? I think I messed up on the powder per round, but it cant be much more or less. I would get the Lee Precision cheap reloading kit for $22.

Do any of you guys handload your ammunition? I'm thinking about starting it and here is some math I did about the costs of it.

20 rounds factory= $20
20 rounds reloaded = $5

Does that sound about right? I think I messed up on the powder per round, but it cant be much more or less. I would get the Lee Precision cheap reloading kit for $22.

im no good at math but what kinda bullets you reloading

20 rounds factory= $20
20 rounds reloaded = $5

I wouldn't hit a dead horse with Lee equipment. It was my first reloader and a total POS. Get a Dillon (the best) or an RCBS. The RCBS rock chucker is a solid press and will last forever. It is also the easiest to use and adjust and can load any round from rifle to handgun.

If you reload shotshells, go with MEC.

You can find all of these on Flea-Bay / Craigslist cheap if you wait for the right deal.

I'll sell you my Lee "Precision" 1000 progressive reloader with all the extras cheap! :busted: