Random Dirt Bike Riding Videos/Pictures

I'm in trav. Looks like some decent single track. Reminds me of 2W01 in arrowhead. I'd like to go UP Piru, according to this video, and add some difficulty.
I'll have to look into "Snowy" and "Arrastra" to see what kind of difficulty level they are...
-BIG DAN:thumb:
All on the back tire...:smirk: You guys make a run up there, and let me know. I may meet you there.

SRAD97750

Staff member
I am concerned about the definition "difficult" that is being thrown around here.
Seems some people think RISK equals difficulty. It does not.
Cliffs, drop-offs, and teeter totters. None of which make the trail anymore "difficult." The risk may be greater, but the trail is not necessarily difficult. -BIG DAN:thumb:

I don't know, As I've never ridden the LPNF, but I'd say they look like easy singletrack trails in risky scenarios.
I'M IN EITHER WAY!

I am concerned about the definition "difficult" that is being thrown around here.
Seems some people think RISK equals difficulty. It does not.
Cliffs, drop-offs, and teeter totters. None of which make the trail anymore "difficult." The risk may be greater, but the trail is not necessarily difficult. -BIG DAN:thumb:

I don't know, As I've never ridden the LPNF, but I'd say they look like easy singletrack trails in risky scenarios.
I'M IN EITHER WAY!
Correct on the difficult thing. These have both difficulty AND risk. In some cases they are related and some cases not. There is a trail at Ballinger called the "Ridge trail". Not particularly difficult at all. BUT if you go off the trail in some spots, it is 1500' down on one side and 500+' on the other. The trail is narrow but relatively flat with studder bumps. This is more of your Risk you talk about.

The other issue is that LPNF is only open from May to end of November, so most of the time you ride it, it is hot and dry. Throw into the mix, elevation and difficulty, and hydration compounds all of this. That is the one thing that gets people who ride up here, getting dehydrated and getting heat stress and stroke as some who did a DBA ride found out.:prof:

I say go for it, film it for all of us to see.:thumb: You are welcome to come visit anytime.:banana: One other thing, videos rarely do difficulty much justice. My $.02.

46606_484488871605670_1473821028_n.jpg