The Guns Thread

Yeah I've heard that the effective range of the 5.56 is ~400m. However I'd need a scope as my eyes are to for gone for iron sights. :bonk:
What make is your gun? Is the barrel designed for the 556 or is it 223? You know the 556 can shoot the 223 but not the other way around. :prof:

I have a bone stock, heavy barrel, Colt Match H-bar. I had the trigger jeweled for a precise 3lb pull.

I like to shoot A LOT, so I buy junk Russian Wolf ammo. Hey! It's just too expensive to go $buck a round for premium ammo!

So, I have learned to shoot this gun out to 600 yards with junk ammo, and hit a 1' pie plate 5 out of 5 times.

That's good enough for me!

As a side note, my buddies high dollar .223 can't shoot the same ammo with the same accuracy!

Sometimes you just need to inexpensively empty out a 40 round mag at something that needs a bullet! Without breaking the bank!

If you like guns, and shooting, how can you disagree?

The same goes for AK's, Mac 90's. and SKS's at 7.62 x 39. Cheap. Accurate. fun!

James

Staff member
I like to shoot A LOT, so I buy junk Russian Wolf ammo. Hey! It's just too expensive to go $buck a round for premium ammo!....As a side note, my buddies high dollar .223 can't shoot the same ammo with the same accuracy!
Are you shooting .223 or 5.56 ammo? Isn't the 5.56 round considerably cheaper?

I shoot the 5.56 Federal American Eagle round for ~$0.30 a shot. :noidea:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM269-5.html

A similar .223 round is ~$0.84 each. :shocked:

Are you shooting .223 or 5.56 ammo? Isn't the 5.56 round considerably cheaper?

I shoot the 5.56 Federal American Eagle round for ~$0.30 a shot. :noidea:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM269-5.html

A similar .223 round is ~$0.84 each. :shocked:
556 is more expensive than 223. I have purchased a couple thousand rounds at 30 cents each. Even got an ammo box with one purchase from Gander Mountain. I buy all my ammo on line at various places. Another place is Freedom Munitions.

I shoot .223 from Walmart. $5 for 20rnds of Tul-Ammo. Steel cased, non-corrosive, boxer primed, 55 grain.

Really clean them good when you shoot this cheap ammo. Once upon a time, I skipped a cleaning and was left with the firing pin stuck in the bolt. Wouldn't move! I'm not sure if it was old ammo, and lacquer cooked off, or what. :noidea:

I have a bone stock, heavy barrel, Colt Match H-bar. I had the trigger jeweled for a precise 3lb pull.

I like to shoot A LOT, so I buy junk Russian Wolf ammo. Hey! It's just too expensive to go $buck a round for premium ammo!

So, I have learned to shoot this gun out to 600 yards with junk ammo, and hit a 1' pie plate 5 out of 5 times.

That's good enough for me!

As a side note, my buddies high dollar .223 can't shoot the same ammo with the same accuracy!

Sometimes you just need to inexpensively empty out a 40 round mag at something that needs a bullet! Without breaking the bank!

If you like guns, and shooting, how can you disagree?

The same goes for AK's, Mac 90's. and SKS's at 7.62 x 39. Cheap. Accurate. fun!

Agreed. :thumb:

I shoot cheap ammo in everything except my hunting rifle. Only because I'm forced to shoot $20 a box. :crazy:

Cheap ammo goes in the AR, AK, Mosin-Nagant, 20g, 12g's, Makrov's, .22's, etc. I guess it's actually appropriate to say I like more bang for my buck.

I wish all ammo was as cheap as .22's. 550 rounds for $20. :rocker:

Agreed. :thumb:

I shoot cheap ammo in everything except my hunting rifle. Only because I'm forced to shoot $20 a box. :crazy:

Cheap ammo goes in the AR, AK, Mosin-Nagant, 20g, 12g's, Makrov's, .22's, etc. I guess it's actually appropriate to say I like more bang for my buck.

I wish all ammo was as cheap as .22's. 550 rounds for $20. :rocker:
Do you run cheap fuel through your scooter too?

Do you run cheap fuel through your scooter too?

I run the cheapest 93 around town. Bike ran fine up untill I sold it. 08 CRF250r, raced a season and ridden for 2 years after and still ran strong on the stock motor.

Hey, maybe you can afford it. Good for you. But my guns shoot fine, and my vehicles run fine. I'm 16, and money is limited when you juggle school, work, and a million hobbies. Therefore; :finger: